NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm a new member here but a long time angler. I have been fishing since I've been walking and this year I was looking to get into some serious Shark action on Emerald Isle (beach house rented, Penn 6/0 bought, big tackle, etc). Unfortunately this will not be possible due to the ban so I am looking for any alternative spots close by to shark fish. I was thinking about getting bait (rays, bluefish) the first few days in EI then renting a kayak and trying Fort Macon or Atlantic beach but I'm unsure how crowded the beaches are during the day as I would like to fish through the day(s). Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
862 Posts
I doubt the rental companies will allow a cancellation for that reason without you losing your deposit. The closest place you will be able to shark fish is drive east towards Fort Macon. As soon as you get out of Emerald Isle and into Indian Beach there is a gravel public parking lot on your right. It's usually not too crowded w/ beach goers so you should be able to set up somewhere in that vacinity.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help guys, cancellation is not an option now considering this is a family trip. I will check out Indian beach for sure and will try my hand at floating some baits out for blues, spanish and anything big (hopefully not Sharks while I'm in EI).

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I would just shark fish. They would just have to lock me up and I doubt they are looking for a whole lot of publicity over their power grab.
I would nicely explain my stance of the thousands of dollars I prepaid for a rental on my plans to do a little sharking. If they couldn't live with that, call in the agencies that actually have jurisdiction over surf fishing.

I always vacation in the same place. Kure beach. Last condo before it goes into Fort Fisher.
The Fort Fisher property line is about 10 feet from my porch. Should Kure Beach get stupid, I'd just fish over the line in the state park.

I love Kure Beach. Good sharking. The bottom falls off pretty quick . Nothing like what Atlantic Beach and Emerald Isle have become.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Go all the way down Emerald Isle to Atlantic beach, turn left to go over the big bridge (should be a surf shop on the right), turn to the right and keep going straight through town and you will go over another big bridge and on the left there is a little pier that is perfect for shark fishing. I've shark fished there, never caught one because everyone has broke me off due to me having light mono. I normally use a pinfish for bait or go to Freeman's bait and tackle and get Boston mackerel. Could be nice sharks and could just be huge rays but it's a ton of fun

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would fish as if there was no restriction and enjoy your vacation. And FYI, I'm sure you're going to catch a shark or four while catching your bait. They are freaking everywhere! If anybody ask, say your fishing for whatever bites but wouldn't mind if a hungry shark grabbed your bait!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.