NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The idea in this forum is for members to share the following information in order for us to build a database of boat ramps and launches across North Carolina.

Create a "New Thread" and in the "Title" list: Ramp Name/Water Body/City
In the "Message" section please list the Ramp name, the body of water that the ramp is located on and/or the City or area where it is located, directions to the site and the size of boat that the launch or ramp accommodates.

Thank you for your assistance in developing a list of Boat Ramps and Launches across NC! I will create the first ramp thread for Smith's Creek Ramp in Oriental, NC to give an example of what we're looking for. :cool:

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Boat Ramps Info

:rolleyes: Please include some basic directions when possible to the ramps that you post.. This will be very helpful to those of us who have never fished your area but would like to try.. THANKS!!:)

·
Registered
51 Posts
This topic would seem to be needed now more then ever. I am looking for a accessable ramp to launch my new (used) boat. Of course, now that I have the boat I don't have the water..:D I'd prefer somewhere close to rollingingview, but any ramp that is still safe would be great......any reccomendations? ...please.....

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Whatever happened to this? Am I missing it somewhere? Thanks.
They are right here in this forum. Either click on the breadcrumb trail at the top of this page or click here for a view of the threads

When in the forum, you can use the "forum search" feature to search only topics in that forum - very handy for finding the ramps or area you want to know about.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Update on the French Broad River boat ramp at Fletcher Park off hwy 280.
NC Wildlife Commission has almost completed this boat ramp and it is very nice with concrete ramp, looks like they are about to finish up grading the parking lot and clearing out the trees and dead falls around the ramp.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I checked out both of the maps listed in the thread and did not see the double Ocean Isle free ramp under the bridge OR the new single Sunset Beach ramp on Beach Drive where the old swing bridge used to be. The Sunset Beach ramp is difficult to load your trailer at low tide if you drive your boat on. Everyone I have talked to says they could not drive on at low tide. Let me know if you need more info. Thanks and have a great day.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.