NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a fly rod yet & i have 4 new creations. I would like to give 1 each to 4 NC Anglers who fly fish alot for bass to try for me & tell me if thay work or not & you can keep it. First reply first choice:) leave an mailing address Thanks PS. DON'T LAUGH TO HARD:)

Attachments

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
I LIKE THE DESIGN BUT I FEEL THEY WILL WORK BETTER FOR BLUE GILLS SHELL CRACKERS AND CRAPPIE.
NOT AT ALL PUTTING DOWN YOUR WORK IT LOOKS REALLY GOOD I USED TO TIE BUT DONT ANY MORE,I STILL FLY FISH BUT NOT LIKE I USED TO FOR TROUT AND BASS UP NORTH,THE BROWN ONE SEEMS LIKE IT MAY INTREST A RED DRUM THOUGH ;)

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
popper,
the designs are great like i said the brown one looks tempting for red drum which in itself is a bass since there origional name is a channel bass,what creatures are you trying to copy?
they may also work well for small mouths since some seem like streamers.

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
scott,
queens creek is ugly yet super low tides and only a few schools of decient fish around if you can get to them,had to pull the boat out way above the main channel thru private properity since me and the kid got stuck again a mile walk to the truck and ten minutes to load and get back home

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
10-4 popper........keep you posted when they arrrive and how they did.

Tim.....do you think the low tides are from the past full moon or is it more wind driven.

The wind hasn't laid down much in the past couple weeks and can blow the water or of some creeks.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
most of the flys i have caught bass on are streamers type. though i have caught small mouth on craw and stone bug flys.. brim and crappie will hit bugs with a big hook no problem.. the big hook only limits the presention of the bug over finicky fish.-it don't settle it LANDS on the water surface..

zooker

·
Registered
268 Posts
Eye Vertebrate Arthropod Office ruler Line
I tie several variations of the wooly Booger on a size 2 Mustad 9671. I've had luck with this pattern for Smallies, I'm hoping it'll work for LM and Pickerel. I put a straight tail because Maraboo can have too much action. I do better on a less "impressive" tail. Feedback and suggestions are always welcome.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
View attachment 2183 I tie several variations of the wooly Booger on a size 2 Mustad 9671. I've had luck with this pattern for Smallies, I'm hoping it'll work for LM and Pickerel. I put a straight tail because Maraboo can have too much action. I do better on a less "impressive" tail. Feedback and suggestions are always welcome.
SWEET i like your flys, I'm pritty shure thay will work on large mouth.Thay will hit just about any thing:)

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
popper............man you just keep rolling the flies out

you gonna make me want to try my hand at tying my self up, I mean tying a fly.:cool:

those in your avatar are nice lookng also, be glad when the wind lays down some so I can try these flies out.

tight lines and have a great day <*)))))>{

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
popper,
thanks again i recieved mine in todays mail and cant wait to try it out which i may do tomorrow for large mouth on the new river in jacksonville weather permitting.
yep it's ben pritty nasty out lately, i went out sunday & thrue evary thing i had at them not a bite. it was just to cool.no herrey.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
popper............checked the mail today and low and behold I have some good mail for a change.:)

checked out the fly and it should have bass knocking at the door this weekend it the weather will hold.

this fly should catch a drum or trout:rolleyes:

tight lines and thanks <*)))))>{

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good deal ,i went out last night & was throwing a popper, thay were just starting to come up for bugs , i got a hit but it was short so i thrue back to the same spot & befor it hit the water a bat grabed it i spent the last 1/2 ower taking hooks out of the bats wings :( but he was ok & flew away.:)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.