NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,564 Posts
Time on the water man. Blow downs hold fish. When its hot find the bait and stay with the bait til the fish move in to feed.

Once you find an area where bait consistently groups consider that a spot you need to check regularly.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I was out there this past Sunday and talked with a guy who calls Harris home. Fish just moved off shore so look for first drop off. Watched him catch 3 in 10 minutes 50 yards away while I was beating the bank. Caught one near bridge piling in about 10 feet of water with wacky rigged worm, green pumpkin red flake. Good luck.

·
Registered
762 Posts
This time of year, pretty much through June, you can usually get a few on topwater right when the sun comes up. As soon as sun gets up good it's pretty much over.

Also, a lot of bass have moved offshore as others have mentioned. But there are still bass shallow cruising the bream beds, so don't give up completely on that.

The vegetation in the upper ends of the lake usually hold bass this time of year.

Finally, the summer shad spawn is something to keep an eye on. When you see the shad flittering around in the shallow vegetation give it a go with shad imitating lures (pop-r is a good choice).

·
Registered
748 Posts
if you just want to catch fish and don't care about the size, i always catch a few on the lower arm in all those blowdowns. most seem to be slot fish, so a good time even if no good for txs. those harris fish fight really hard.

if you really want to figure out something, do more like the previous posters stated, and realize it may take multiple trips.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
I have had my days on Harris but for the most part I have never really got a good handle on it, I can go just about anywhere else, find fish and catch them but Harris is the exception. I pretty much only fish it when I have a club tournament.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.