NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought some JP Hammer Shads and some more awesome baits from Power Team Lures. I'm wondering how everyone else who has bought similar products rigs their gear. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
i use the JP Hammer baits 4.6 for bass fishing and just love them, i rig them with a weighted hook and skin hook them and fish them thru grass and lilly pads, hope this helps.

·
Registered
79 Posts
ncpierman on here introduced me to powerteam, hes been killing drum on em!

Reactions: NCPIERMAN

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
Drum will eat any bait you put in front of them. It isn't that they are a magical bait or soft plastic, it's that if you present it in front of feeding fish they will eat it. Sometimes I think we as fishermen (myself included) get wrapped up in having to have this or that bait. We should instead focus on finding fish. Usually when you do that, the hard part is over.

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
Drum will eat any bait you put in front of them. It isn't that they are a magical bait or soft plastic, it's that if you present it in front of feeding fish they will eat it. Sometimes I think we as fishermen (myself included) get wrapped up in having to have this or that bait. We should instead focus on finding fish. Usually when you do that, the hard part is over.
have to disagree with ya on that trigger ive used other plastics right along side of power team lures sure the others caught SOME fish but they were more apt to take the power team over the other plastics i use,but your right there is no magical baits just those few that work better than others ;)
the day we put over 100 drum in the boat in 6 hours of fishing if you didnt have a power team jp hammer you were watching us catch fish just sayin and yes there were others around us that were not catching till i gave them some of the jp hammers ;)
all i have to say is try them if they work for you good deal if not keep spending till you find what works for you ;)
with that said rigging them is easy there is multiple ways of doing so,you can rig them weedless with a worm hook or run them on spinner blades or use a jig head try different ways and see what works best for the fish your chaseing ;)

Reactions: wademaster
1 - 5 of 5 Posts