NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately i have been getting more into trying kayak fishing and i have been looking around on the web to find one i like and i found the heritage redfish 12 angler kayak. but i cant find anywhere on the internet where i could buy one of of the price of one. if anyone knows a heritage kayak dealer. i would greatly appreciate any information anyone has on the kayaks.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Cape Fear Kayaks in Wilmington carries Heritage, as does Get:Outdoors in Greensboro and Paddle Creek Outfitters in Raleigh. KayakFishingStuff.com is one of several dealers who will ship to the freight terminal of your choice, if you can't find what you want locally.

The Redfish line are very good boats.

You're down in Apex, huh? There are several other dealers in town who carry other well-respected brands as well. Lots of choices -- plenty of them are plenty "good enough", so I'd encourage you to not sweat the small details for too long -- get one and get fishing! Once you do, please keep in touch here on the forum -- we've got quite a little paddle-fishing crowd going here, it's always good to have more partners available!!

Welcome aboard!!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
If we ever get all of you in one spot it'll look like an invasion!!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hey KingFishing05,
I bought my Redfish at "Get Outdoors" in Greensboro. I bought the 14' and really enjoy it. I was able to get mine in only 3 days after ordering it, with the fishing package. Good Luck, Kayak Ken

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kayak ken, i looked at both the 12 and 14 i would get the 14 accept its probly more expensive. how much did your cost with the fishing package? and lefy, the kayakfishingstuff.com the price list they have on there is that the msrp or is that the price they sell it for?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I prefer the Tarpon 120, and you can buy it rigged for fishing (more expensive), or custom rig it yourself. I had mine in the ocean, about a 1/2 mile out of North Topsail about 6 weeks ago, having a heck of a good time with the spanish. It is a really stable kayak. Pay the extra, and go with the rudder. It helps a lot in choppy water.

Hub

·
Registered
334 Posts
I think Kayak Fishing Stuff is trying to get rid of their inventory to make room for next year's models. I think they've got some deals going right now if you buy a kayak out of their inventory. You should call them. The number is on the top right hand side of their home page. I usually talk to Patrick. Don't negotiate with the girl that answers the phone. Good luck and may you have calm seas and following winds. (I think that's what they say in the Navy):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:eek:

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
the kayakfishingstuff.com the price list they have on there is that the msrp or is that the price they sell it for?
If you're looking at their catalog pages, those are their prices. They might have MSRP on some of the comparison pages, but I expect most often they'd rather tout their sales price. As Glenn suggested, give them a phone call, they're good folks to talk to.

If you do buy from a local dealer, it might help your planning to note that you'll only pay 3% sales tax because this is a vehicle, instead of the general-merchandise sales tax rate. (At least, that's what I was told when I bought my Manta Ray from Provision Company.)

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Hey King - you've pretty much gotten the full story. I'm just piling on...

kayakfishingstuff.com is the best place on the internet to do research, but there's a growing bunch of us out here on NCangler that have gone through the evaluation process (click here to see us on THE MAP), so feel free to ask any questions here or in private messages.

I also bought my Redfish 14 at Get Outdoors in Greensboro. I've just finished up on a
customer service experience with a warranty problem on my first kayak. They and Heritage went over and above the call for me. Not sure I'd advise buying from a shop 100 miles away (especially at $3 a gallon getting to and from), but I have no problems recommending those guys.

Paddle Creek up in North Raleigh (link) just started carrying the Redfish line in the last few weeks if you want to see/touch one in the triangle. They also do some lake paddles and lower cost demos where you can try out a particular boat.

Great Outdoor Provision holds demo days at Lake Crabtree every month or so. Good chance to paddle a few different boats (they do not carry the Heritage or Wilderness Tarpon lines, but they do carry Liquid Logic, Hobie, Ocean Kayak and Hurricane Phoenix). The next one on their calendar is August 9 - but you'll want to be fishing before then!

Cape Fear Kayaks sponsors a low-pressure kayak fishing tournament series - give them props for that. [-]Next event will be July 22 at Fort Fisher (the site of Lefty's great adventure)[/-] OOPS capefearkayaks.com is still showing the 2006 calendar. Next tourney is July 28 at River Road Park in Wilmington (brackish?). You can rent a boat from them to use in the tourney, which would be a good way to get introduced to the salt.

I second Fossilhub's recommendation on the rudder. I went a year without one and found that its really not a necessity until you've tried one. Makes all the difference in the world for dealing with the wind & current.

There's lots of great boats out there and most of them float. Won't try to sell you on one over the other, just echo Lefty's suggestion that you find something you like and go with it, and LiveBait's suggestion that you hurry up so he can try it!

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Only costs 3 times as much as most 14' kayaks! What a bargain!!

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Only costs 3 times as much as most 14' kayaks! What a bargain!!
The Good Dog is a kevlar/plastic boat, so probably more comparable to the Native Ultimate Elite composite hulls which are in the same (laughable) price range....

But laugh fast - if we keep bolting more stuff onto ours we'll be in that $$$ ballpark soon enough (AND the darned things might not float anymore AND we'll have hernias from hauling them on and off the vehicles! The whole while kayakingglenn's laughing at us as he effortlessly glides on and off his trailer and swings in the breeze from the comfort of a hammock on his AI!)

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I'll help drag your boat out of the bed of your truck, if you'll help me get mine off the roof of my Saturn.

Ready, lift on three... one... two... three... OUCH :eek:

·
Registered
260 Posts
KingFishing05,
I think I paid around $900. - $950. That was with the fishing package, upgrade on paddle, anchor, and a fishing life vest. If you were nearby you could try mine for comparison. I bought a sit on top because I also fish on rivers w class 1&2 rapids and I don't want to deal with bailing if I have a mishap. Good Luck, Ken

·
Registered
141 Posts
kayak ken, i looked at both the 12 and 14 i would get the 14 accept its probly more expensive. how much did your cost with the fishing package? and lefy, the kayakfishingstuff.com the price list they have on there is that the msrp or is that the price they sell it for?
I noticed today on the kayakfishingstuff web site, they are offering 10% off the price of the LiquidLogic Manta Ray. The 12' goes for $749.00 less 10% about $675 That's a good price for a super kayak.
They are also offering 10% off Heritage Redfish listed at $688.00
And 20% off of all Ocean Kayaks. The prices on the website look very much inline with other places I've checked. You will have to pay around $65 to ship (to commercial address or freight terminal). Those specials are limited to instock items only.
As the commercial advises: Just Do It!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.