NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody live in the Stokesdale area? Just logged in for the first time, I fish about 5 days a week mostly at a nice size pond and a little at brandt and higgins. If you have any pointers for catching big bass in these areas I need all the help I can get. I catch alot of mid sized bass but im looking for the biguns.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
hey man,welcome
don't fish higgins much but i love lake brandt.a couplr of good places were i have caught big fish are the creek channel where it bends about 100 yards in front of the marina,a deep diving crankbait works well there.also the deep bank across from the marina,with all those lay downs,is a great place for worms or jigs.i have caught most of my bigger ones on carolina rigs on the lakes many stump fields.

jerry

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey thanks for the help, i went to belews creek today and didnt catch much, fished a pond near my house and didnt catch much either, not a good day. Im prob gonna go to brandt tomorrow and try those places out, i like all the stumps and lilly pads its a great lake, i just didnt have any luck last time i went.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
JUST WHERE IS THE STOKESDALE AREA ANYWAY CHRIS,.....................
North of I-85 between Greensboro and Winston. Offhand I'd guess it's not quite as far from Greensboro as Vanceboro is from New Bern. Speaking of Vanceboro, I'll be down thattaway in a few weeks for the MS bikeathon -- although this time I think I'll be much closer to Honolulu.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
North of I-85 between Greensboro and Winston. Offhand I'd guess it's not quite as far from Greensboro as Vanceboro is from New Bern. Speaking of Vanceboro, I'll be down thattaway in a few weeks for the MS bikeathon -- although this time I think I'll be much closer to Honolulu.
Lefty, if you have time bring the kayak since you'll be close to Spring Garden ramp on the Neuse River.. Nice water, good fishing so I'm told. Wife and I stopped by there today to look it over. I'm taking the boat down one day next week and check it out. Nice sandy launch as well as a ramp and looks very inviting...It is just past West Craven middle school, easy to find.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.