NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent the week searching the web for inshore fishing information and tips. I think I've learned more on this site in just a few minutes than from all the other sites combined.

I live in Raleigh but have been spending more and more time down at Beaufort. Most of my attempted fishing has been at the inlet there and along the port walls. I know there are some flounder there because I can hear them laughing at me every time I go! My attitude about fishing has always been that just being there, relaxing on the water is a blessing. I'm pretty much a blank slate as far as fishing techniques is concerned. I'd like to take may fishing up a notch and actually catch a fish once in a while. It sure looks like I've come to the right place. Thnaks

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Welcome aboard Golf. Glad you found us and thanks for the compliment on the website. We've got a great bunch of folks on here that are happy to help inexperienced and experienced alike. :)

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Welcome to the site! As you already know, there is a ton of good info already posted if you take advantage of the "Search" function. But never be afraid to ask questions or share opinions for discussion. That's what were all about around here!!!

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Welcome aboard!

You may have already found them but we have several very informative threads regarding flounder fishing. Some quick tips are get some 3" gulp shrimp in whatever color you like, some jigheads (1/8 ounce to 3/8 depending on current) and go between two hours before low tide and two hours after.

Hope you catch 'em up!

·
Registered
117 Posts
GOLF Glad you are abord. Set back and hang on , your surffing is over.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Glad to know I'm not the only one at whom the fish laugh.
Welcome aboard!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.