NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man have I been busy. Huntin has been successfull this season so far and we've been hittin the woods hard. Since the weather has been not so good for offshore and at the lakes (water levels down), I'm glad I packed away the boat for a few months... but itchin to get it in the water to run her....

Anywhoo, thought I'd check in see if anyone's been catchin anything

this season, my bud Jason, Buckshot, and myself managed to bag at least a deer each. Buckshot got a nice 5 point and a doe, I bag'd a 7 point and bud Jason got his first doe on his first season huntin with us. We're still huntin hard as we only got 5 weeks of season left and will be out in the Uwharries this comin weekend. We've had success at Wake County, Forsyth County, and jump'd a bunch of deer in Randolph county but didnt manage any good shots on any of them. Lot's of deer out this year, most I've ever seen.

Anywhoo... hope all's well and caint wait till SPRING!!!! :D

Here's some pix:
First season havin my boy out with me to "watch and learn"

Dave's buck

Jason's first doe

Buckshot's buck

My boy's first season out with Dadda huntin

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Good to hear from you Dave! How's that new baby of yours doing?

It's been a strange fall fishing season but lots of fun. Trout are still going strong with some flounder mixed in. The outside has been pretty rough the last 2 weeks so not much fishing out there. A buddy did make it out about 23 miles on Sunday and loaded up on grouper!

Good luck with the hunting.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good Hampstead, he's gettin "BIG"!!! he's just now startin to sleep pretty well thru the night (only wakin up 2-3 times), smiles alot, tries to utter stuff...wich is funny cause the one thing he say's sounds like "L".

He's doin great! Wont be long before I have him out on the boat with us for lake trips. And I'll tell ya, the console cabin for him is gonna work out great. When the boys get bigger we'll move up to another boat, but think the one we got will work for us for a good while.... It's sad to see all the reels covered up in the garage,, but we're havin a great time huntin this year, but I just got my regular rounds of fishin mag's and shoppin' mag's... so the bug is startin to bite already!!! ha ha ha ha....

Just tryin to get ready for the holiday's here soon,, will be a quiet one with the boys this year.

Thanx for askin!

Ah... tease me with the grouper thing!!! ha ha ha ha.... Sounds great he made it out and loaded up. Groupers should be in close this time of year. What was the water temp out there by the way? I'm thinkin it's probably on the warm side as compared to last year this time. I was thinkin of puttin the guns away this weekend and runnin offshore for a day to "stretch the boat's legs", but the forcast is so wishy washy.... think I'll wait another week or two.

here's pix of the newest little one:

Baby pic 1

Baby pic 2

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Wellcraft Dave--- Glad to hear from you. Thanks for sharing the pics. On that baby pic 2, that boy looks like he is already developing a casting motion with his right hand.

Regards,Forrest

PS--- I caught a trout!:D You got into any trouble shopping lately?

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Forrest (hey check your road-kill post),

Nope, not in trouble "yet"... just got my offshore angler catalog in the mail today.... can ya spell T R O U B L E!!! ha ha ha ha....

Almost got in trouble shoppin, but it wasnt for fishin stuff... Dadda wanted a new Winchester Model 70 Featherweight bolt action this season,,, of course deck'd out with nice Burris scope and sling and a case and all that... but held back... Momma woulda had my butt if I spent $900 somethin on a new gun :eek:

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Dave, good to hear from you. It sounds like a good deer season. You put that Offshore Angler catalog up until after Christmas. The folks working there are probably busy now but will appreciate every order after they have had time to recuperate. The wife might be more forgiving too. That's always important. Good luck and merry Christmas if we don't hear from you before then. AL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.