NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife saw this truck today in Washington. Wondered how many people we come across everyday I talk to here, but have no clue who they are in person. Anyone we know? ( blacked out the tags for their privacy).

Attachments

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
I have a Red X sticker on my yak and a Red X plate on the front of my truck. I am not shy about talking to other fisherfolk and/or boaters whether they are part of the group or not though (if they don't give me some social cues that they don't want random conversation).

It does help to indicate you belong. When I was shopping for my pick up, I would often look at trucks at stop lights and sometimes I would see the driver give me the stink eye, probably suspicious. Now that I drive one, if I look at another truck the driver will generally nod since I am a member of the "club". A lot of kayakers and fishermen feel the same way out in public; they can't be sure if you are taking an inventory and scheming or just being curious because you share the interest.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
I have the best results with stickers if I heat them immediately after applying them. Since they are thin, you are heating the sticker, the surface below it and most importantly (IMO) the adhesive. EDIT - Also if you are used to using one and can keep moving, I get much better results with a true heat gun than a blow dryer. It's a little dicey though as the optimum amount is to stop just short of too much...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.