NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't wait to hear when the spots are REALLY in New River Inlet THICK, I'm chomping at the bit to hitch up to my 19' Nautic Star and come throw some lines overboard. I live near Jordan Lake/Sanford,NC area and it's about a 3 hour haul for me to get there; so I would appreciate some true blue info on when the SPOTS are biting in New River Inlet. Also, I would love to hear a recommendation on where to stay that is "boat friendly" for parking my boat.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
They're thick at Cape Lookout... NE wind pushing them in...

Reactions: Hardrock

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's the best route for me to take to Cape Lookout from Sanford, NC and where's a good place to lauch my boat when I get there. Any info on where exactly to fish would be helpful.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Welcome to the site. You know how it goes...You should have been here yesterday..... Well I have a theory on that. Watch a flock of blackbirds some time. When they are in a big flock they can clean up all the food in an area in a hurry. As soon as the food is gone the flock leaves. A small flock takes more time to eat up the available food in an area. They will hang around a little longer. If there as been a big flock of birds in front of them there won't be much food left and the birds will move on pretty quick. I feel like the spots are pretty much like blackbirds.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Welcome Aboard Hardrock. We have a group from the Fayetteville Area Angler's headed down to Cape Lookout on the 26th for the Albacore Festival. We're planning to do a little Redfishing while we're there. Check out October's North Carolina Sportsman, there's a great article on fishing for Puppy Drum in that issue with places to try. You might want to look at Calico Jack's for a place to stay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the site. You know how it goes...You should have been here yesterday..... Well I have a theory on that. Watch a flock of blackbirds some time. When they are in a big flock they can clean up all the food in an area in a hurry. As soon as the food is gone the flock leaves. A small flock takes more time to eat up the available food in an area. They will hang around a little longer. If there as been a big flock of birds in front of them there won't be much food left and the birds will move on pretty quick. I feel like the spots are pretty much like blackbirds.

Yep, I guess fishermen are a lot the same way as blackbirds, huh? I just want to be in the BIG FLOCK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.