NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a baby boy today, 7 lbs 9 oz's, 20 inch long....
He's a keeper!

Just wanted to drop a note, that I will be "offline" for a while and will have to play catch up with ya guys down the road here. Got lot's goin on right now.

So best of luck fishin out the rest of summer and into the fall, post lot's of pics!!! (keep me motivated to get bit by the bug for spring!!!)

Best wishes and talk to ya down the road in a while.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx Randy, really do appreciate that.

Yer right, we looked at pictures when my (now 4 yr old) started workin the rods by himself when he was in diapers... it's amazin how fast kids learn and grow. He's my best buddy and love havin him on the boat or fishin... He just loves it. Wanted to know when we were gonna catch groupers at Jordan lake! ha ha ha ha ha......

We'll start this one out the same way.

Thought I'd check in on time before the family barrage starts... gotta pick up the mother inlaw today at Raleigh then the "real fun" begins.... ah ha...

Thanx again and we'll catch up to ya guys down the road here.

Catch'm up!

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys... got a bit of a break today.... baby thing is pretty time consumin off the bat... (but all worth it).

Drop'd the last of the family members off at RDU today :D ... and we're preparin for the next wave of family to visit.

Anywhoo... hope y'all fair'd the storm ok. Worst thing here on our end was a pine needle landed on the truck :eek:

thought I'd post a pic of the newest little fisher, and yup Fojoly, already makin his fishin gear list! ;)

Figure the fishin should be pretty good this weekend... too bad we're not gonna be able to run out. Be carefull if any of ya do go, watch out for floatin debri and stuff... will tear up a prop/lower unit real quick. My buds in AL and FLA have had a heck of a time with hurricane debri in the water, and of course,, ya never see the log/tree/plywood that's a foot or two under the surface....

Thanx for all the congrats... WHooo! 2 boys... Got two to work the boat for me now. Talk at y'all later..

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Nothing Like Knowing That Your Mates Were Trained To Do It Just Like You Want Them To. I'm Sure You Have A Full Crew Coming Along Now. Just A Few Years Of Training. By The Time They Get Out Of College They Will Be Down East Looking For A Fresh 60' Ocean Tamer. Enjoy Them All You Can While You Can Because Before You Know It You'll Be Training Their Crew.:d Good Luck With Them Future Captains. Al
Ps: I Haven't Been Able To Find Out Anything About Damage On Dauphine Island. Was It Real Bad Or Just Here And There? I Heard The Chandeleurs Were Nearly Washed Away.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanx Al,

From what I'm told, Dauphin Isl. washed under again..... They took a hard hit, not "as" bad as last years, but they were still in recovery when Katrina hit.
I feel really bad for them folks in that area... but like anywhere else, that type livin on the coast demands rebuilding, so they'll keep on cleanin up and rebuildin.

Thing is, LOT's of stuff in the water down there from rig (gas/oil) parts and platforms, to boats, concrete bridges, washed away tractor trailers...etc.... just a mess.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Hey Dave!--- Fine looking crew there. I could handle a few dirty diapers in place of all the limb dragging about now. We have plenty of dock parts across road washed up on land, probably from Cedar Island or Ocracoke. Sound has much floating debri. Still without power and operating generator sparingly. Got to keep my present supply of flounder frozen, may not get anymore. Neighbor just up the sound has beautiful waterfront home on a point says he's had it this time and is moving out. He's still rebuilding from Isebele and lost a portion of his roof. Being close to water is nice but it has a price. It'll be awhile before I can get back on the water to check the effect on fishing.Regards, Forrest

·
Premium Member
8,127 Posts
That is one proud looking older brother Dave! Congratulations again on the new addition.

Forrest, hang in there friend. So sorry that you and others were affected by this storm, but it sure could have been worse. You're in our prayers!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.