NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I disappeared after the birth of our second daughter! Some of you had expressed interest in teaming up..etc. I apologize for not responding. Back on March 9th, I literally had one of the best fishing trips of my life. I decided that since all my bosses were bagging the day at noon to go play golf, I would head out to the Roberson Creek Canoe launch on Jordan Lake. I had live minnows. As I was floating out to my favorite spot where the Haw river empties, rigging up another rod, I had one rod out, and felt the boat move, looked up and it was doubled..turned out to be about 6lb largemouth, on a crappy minnow and 4lb test..go figure. When I caught my breath I anchored up on a point off very deep drop, put out a couple live minnow lines. The bite was on like mad, right away I boated 2 nice sized whitebass, 1 more 2.5lb or so lrg mouth, then a hybrid about 3 pounds, then the crappy started....thats what I went for! I caught about 25, but only kept 8 because I couldnt remember what the new limit is out there....anyway, I attached a picture of the ones I kept. I am sure some of you are reading this saying....yea right.....thats why I am saying its one of the best trips of my life. I love that spot, and will have to get back up there soon. Maybe I will plan a meeting for us locals here soon, to exchange stories and tips. Later, Mose
Glasses Fish Wildlife biologist Plant Seafood

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Good to hear from you again. It sounds like Jordan Lake gave you a nice reason to get back on line. Winter is officially over and the fish are really turning on. By now you should be looking for some more fresh crappie so get back out there and get us some more pics! breadman was just asking if the crappie had turned on there yet. Now he has photographic evidence.:D AL

·
Registered
574 Posts
moseyak said:
.....where the Haw river empties
Mose, I'm gonna take my boy out to Jordan again in a couple weeks. This spot you're talking about, is at the point where Robeson Creek and the Haw meet or further down? Thanks.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The spot.

The entrance to it is before you get the Roberson Creek Boat Ramp on the left. The map really doesnt show it, its before you get to the Roberson Creek point. There is a dirt road on the left, with a little sign that says Canoe launch...there is metal gate there. if you get to the Roberson Creek Boat Ramp entrance, turn around you passed it. If your looking at that map, its back up the river area.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I really want to get into a couple schools of slabs with my son. I love to see his face when he catches something on almost every cast. We haven't done that since last summer and we're both ready to catch some fish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.