NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i live in hampstead and work over on topsail island every day, love to fish every chance i get and my wife renee loves it too,she landed a 7 pound flounder this week on a dock at one of our jobsites ,you can veiw it in the fishing potos. we fish the river at langsferry for bream and monster cats, the fishing peirs at topsail island, surf fish, dockfish, and flounder gigging in the fall, would like to meet others who would like to get together and have fun fishing.

thanks robert

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Welcome to the party!

Reactions: robert

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Hi Robert - welcome to NC Angler. Thanks for the very informative introduction!

I too live in Hampstead but mainly stick to the salty stuff. I fish the sounds, creeks and waterway from Masonboro to New River and offshore when the weather allows. I also write the weekly fishing column in the Topsail Advertiser.

That's a nice flounder your wife caught.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Hey topsail angler we may know each other, ive been here 14 years been chairman of the N.C. SPOT FESTIVAL the last 3 years till this year, and am asst. fire cheif at H.V.F.D.
I think we meet a few years back. I've lived in Washington Acres the last 8 years. strangely enough I know more of the guys up at Sloop Point VFD than at your station - guess cause the fishing club I'm a member of helps raise money for those guys through our tournament. - the TOFC KMT.

Let's get together sometime up at Port City Java and tell some tales!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
When is the Spot festival?

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Checked out the site........Deja Vu is a great Celtic band. One of the guys is a newscaster on, WRAL? ( I think) in Raleigh.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Robert,, whatever you do... DO NOT accept any of Sundrop's brewed coffee!!!! Not bein mean or nothin, but if ya ever meet up with him and he offer's you a cup O joe... politely refuse! Trust me on this one! ;)

ha ha ha ha ha.....

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Well... Drops has a much "earthier" taste... :D (didnt wanna "worm" that one in on a Drop.. but had to do it! ;) )
LOL Dave!!!! Let me clarify a previous statement in regards to Earthy coffee... I keep nightcrawlers in a Folgers can. They have to be kept cold..... SO, I keep them in a fridge:eek:...LOL... Luckily it is the EXTRA fridge.....LOL!!!

Good shot Dave... can't "worm" my way outta that one... LOL!!!!

**Speaking of coffee... Nothing like a nice full bodied cup of Gevalia and Bailey's irish creme...:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.