NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Welcome aboard JohnB. Glad you found us. We need more mountain folk on board! What part of the state do you fish in most and for what species? We look forward to your participation. Blessings! :)

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Welcome to the party! We have a few true sportsmen out your way!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome aboard JohnB. Glad you found us. We need more mountain folk on board! What part of the state do you fish in most and for what species? We look forward to your participation. Blessings! :)
I fish mainly West of Charlotte and into the bordering states.
I am a catch and release sport angler who mainly targets the hard fighting Carp. This is a greatly misunderstood and badly represented sport fish here in the USA but their fighting power leaves you begging for more :D
I also enjoy fun fishing for Bass & Bluegill with my children when we have an hour or so going spare :)

Thanks for the welcome guys, great to be here :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Welcome John,
Here's a question for YOU right off the bat. I'm going to Boone this weekend and I would like suggestions on where to fish and what kind of bait this time of year, any help would be appreciated. Kayaken

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome John,
Here's a question for YOU right off the bat. I'm going to Boone this weekend and I would like suggestions on where to fish and what kind of bait this time of year, any help would be appreciated. Kayaken
Thanks for the kind welcome guys :D

I can't help you out with locations in Boone Ken as I don't know any but how do you normally fish for carp?
I use all Euro style gear which is available at a carp tackle store right here in NC. Take a look here Resistance Tackle
I would use boilies or corn mounted on a hair rig but water levels are so low you have to get a good location with some deeper water to stand any chance.
Good Luck ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.