NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hiya. I just moved back to God's country from Texas. While Texas has some great fishing I'm glad to be back home.
I'm living in Gastonia now and looking for some kayak fishing partners in the Charlotte area, so just drop me a line.
I've already explored parts of the South Fork River and it looks pretty fishy to me, I just haven't had a chance to drop a line yet.
It's been a long time since I've fished around here I'm not quite sure what lures are hitting around here for bass. In Texas you had to use alot of soft plastics. I just feel like I'm starting over here, so any help would be nice.

Thanks
looking forward to chatting with y'all on the forum

Mutt

·
Registered
539 Posts
Mutt, I recently moved back to NC also (Concord area) but from Florida.....loved the fishing down there and fished coastal Texas before also. Some great fishing but glad to be back here as well. I have not done any exploring yet, although I hope to get out soon. If I get a chance to go out, I will send you a pm.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
The Connections forum is also here for the purpose of hooking up with others...
Also check out our paddle-fishers map (Under "Quick Links" and then Maps) -- we're starting to see a surge of folks in the western part of the state.

Welcome back to NC!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Welcome Mutt. Charlotte is getting more and more kayakers, so you are returning at the right time. If you ever get up Raleigh way, there are more than a few of us who would be willing to show you around/join you in a trip.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome to NC and NC ANGLER The fish are the same . very tite liped. Welcome home.

Reactions: Mutt
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.