NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone just wanted to introduce myself. Names steven Loy from burlington n.c. another member on this board has been my best friend since 4th grade we have fished and hunted all over NC and parts of VA.His name on here is Striper junkie. i am an avid striper fisherman have been doing so since i was knee-high to a grasshopper lol..grew up trolling for stripers at kerr lake was a family tradition. nothing like the sound of an old penn 309 screaming out leadcore line and seeing the old boat road bent over double!!! Hope to make some new freinds who have the same passion as myself and learn new things and help others learn as well
steven a.k.a Capt. slowboat

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Welcome Steven! Glad you've joined us. I was just introduced to striper fishing last Fall by Troy (Striper-Sniper) over at Jordan Lake. I can see how it would become habit forming. I grew up in Mebane myself and have many family and friends in Alamance County. We look forward to your posts and fishing photos. And any striper fishing tips or stories will definitely be welcome. I created specific forums for both saltwater and freshwater striper fishing. Maybe you can help us start populating those forums with some great striper tips and information. ;)

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Man, Zook, $26,000 "bling" -- that must be why you've got two powered boats and all I got is one kayak. You can afford gas! :D

Welcome Slowboat -- you're getting a good impression of the tone of the board already, I see. ;)

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Yeah, but that doesn't help make me feel any better about my kayak. The manufacturer says it'll still float with about 125 lbs worth of junk piled on top in addition to my own bad self. Fortunately, I don't think I'll be able to spend $26,000 before I get to that weight limit! :D

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
lefty,

Don't feel bad! I had a boat that was paid for and like a fool I sold it. Now I don't even have a kayak.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.