NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello Donnie. welcome to the site. First, do you have a boat or do you bank fish? If you bank fish there is a place called "Smith lake". Take Rt 200 north out of Locust
turn right on County line road, then right on Smith lake road, it will be on your left. It cost $4.00 for adults to fish. It gets fished alot, but there is some good bass if you work it. The wife and I fish our kayaks there. Rocky river is a good place. Wade fishing or kayak/canoe fishing is good. Fished there this past saturday, the wife and I cought 10 nice bass. Lake Badin and Tillery have some real good fishing. You really need a boat for the best locations. Good luck!
Jon M
Fish4Him

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Welcome aboard Donnie. Sorry about missing your post. It must have been posted right in front of a string of other posts. If that ever happens it gets moved right off the home page and many folks like myself just check the home page for new posts. if that ever happens you can just type in a reply such as "Is anybody out there?" and it will pop back up on the home page where everyone will see it. I haven't fished Cabbarus County so I can't be much help with that but it looks like Jon has got you off to a good start. Good luck and keep us updated and if fishiNG IS BAD

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Al - you might want to try using the "New Post" feature off the main menu bar, it will list all of the posts since you last visit and even new ones that you didn't read last time you were on. If you don't want to read all the new posts, after you have read the ones you want, select "mark forums read" off the "quick links" drop down menu and that will reset the feature so next time you will get only new posts (you don't have to do this if you read all the new posts though). Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I'm in Cabarrus county also. I have been fishing three times in my life...2x in Texas and once on the left coast. :eek: I'm er, hooked...lol

I want to do some fishing here but have no boat, no pole, no idea where to go or what to get.

Anyone want to help out a newbie?

·
Registered
205 Posts
you are surrounded by lake norman and you have several community fishing program ponds. go to the nc wildlife resources commision website (ncwrc.org) and go through the places to fish link. as for equipment, start simple and if you decide it's your cup of tea, trade up as your skills progress.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.