NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time poster, long time lurker. I live in Jacksonville, but my wife and I recently bought a place on Chadwick Bay in Snead's Ferry, and I am finally buying a new boat this week (17' Carolina Skiff) and I can't wait to start learning the area more. The past few years I have been fishing from my kayak, mainly in and around the Cape Carteret area, and I absolutley love it, but now that I have a place near the water I want to try a big boys boat. I've been reading the board for a while now, not much of a poster, but I have enjoyed reading all the great tips. I am very interested in learning as much as I can about light tackle fishing and fly-fishing and this place has more insider information than I could possibly ever take in. I've been practicing my fly casting in the backyard, the wife and neighbors think I'm a freak "dancing in the yard with the fishing pole", but I tell her that it's keeping me out of trouble, so she keeps supporting the habit. Please keep up the good work NCAngler, you've got a great thing going here.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to everyone!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Well welcome! I believe that you have come to the "Holy Grail of fishing info and friends". There is not a question that can not be answered here. The people here are some of the nicest people that you will ever meet. Well I hope to read future post. May you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Hey ECPirate - thanks for posting (and for lurking all these months). Chadwick Bay is a great place. I know you will enjoy that new boat and place in Snead Ferry, great combination. Be sure to check out SW creek for specks in the fall and early winter.

BTW - I grew up in Jacksonville, over in Northwoods - mom still lives there. I'm down at the other end of Topsail now, in Hampstead.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
welcome welcome and Happy Holidays!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hello ECPirate, Welcome. Great place to live for fishing from a boat. I live in Surf City and fish from a yak. Love it. Check out Turkey Creek for trout. But sshhhhh! It's a secret! I publish a local Topsail Island fishing blog on the web. Check it out when you get time. www.fishintopsail.com
Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny "Fishin'Topsail":cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome! FishinTopsail that is a great blog, I have added it to my daily readings. I bought the boat yesterday, getting a few upgrades installed, so I can't pick it up till the first week in January, but I did take it for a test ride yesterday afternoon, it is awesome. I will try to get some pictures up as soon as I can. Thanks again everyone, and have a great Christmas!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.