NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kinda new to fishing. I received a rod and reel combo for Father's Day 2007, so I bought a boat and now I are a fisherman. I've been enjoying the fishing and hope to swap stories and knowledge with all of you.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Welcome aboard. Check out the Fayetteville Angler's Network, we're always looking for new blood. Also, we're working on the details for some December get togethers so watch our sub-forum.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Welcome to the party Hedgerow! Checked out your profile........ Fishing, Music and cards!! My kinda people!!!!
That skiff will get you into tons of good catching!! Dont forget to carry the gift giver with ya!!!!!

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Welcome aboard. As backlash said, check out the FAAN. Hope to see more from ya soon.

·
Registered
450 Posts
If you are new to fishing, let me warn ya, Its more addicting than any drug. I have fished since I was about 5 yrs old. I was away from it for a while while I was in the army. Felt like i was going through withdrawal. Now I am back at it and I cant get enough.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Handy, you ever fish the Spring Garden area near New Bern? I see you like Cats and there are some nice ones there I hear......

·
Registered
450 Posts
Actually, I havent fished anywhere in New Bern. I have wanted to hook up with someone who does any Gigging down there. I do like fishing for Cats because of the fight. However I hale from Trout country. And have always fished for them and bass until i became a North Carolinian.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Spring Garden launch is on NW Craven Middle school rd. CowPen Landing is a better launch and it is near Hwy 43 down River rd. Both near the Weyerhauser plant.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.