NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saying Hi to everyone.I have been in NC since 1993.Originally from MD,and loved to fish the Potomac River.Have been fishing the Catawba River here lately and not having any luck at all.Been going on my friends boat and putting in around 127 bridge.Anyone having any luck or another part of the river?Thanks and like they always say a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work!

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Welcome aboard the site. Not familiar with the area but I'm sure someone can help. Check out the freshwater rivers/streams section also.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hello Whitewolf and good morning. Thanks for getting on the site and asking for help. I am sure that someone here can help you. Where did you fish the Potomac? I grew up on the Northern Neck between the Rappahanock and Potomac. We had about 76 crab pots in the Potomac and I fished from Aquia Creek all the way down to the Bay. I loved it there and it was a great place for a young kid like me to learn about hunting and fishing. I moved away back in 1974 and have only been back a few times. Too many people, too much concrete and asphalt for me to ever want to go back. Just fond memories.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Guys, are you talking about Lake Hickory? Try the Gunpowder arm. Always caught bass and crappie there. Hickory is in my back door. I have fished it and Lake Rhodhiss since I was a kid. Caught some bass several weeks ago down toward the dam at the lower end of Hickory. Also try the channel going up to Bethlehem marina.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all the responses.Makes a newcomer feel welcomed.And to slowriser's question,from Harpers Ferry down to DC.Loved all the smallmouth action.Thats the only thing i miss.Too much traffic and everyone is always in a hurry.Anyway,i have fished above and below the Oxford dam but that was shore fishing and caught some nice ones wading in the water.But in my friends boat seems we havent had much luck.But i don't like the area around 127 bridge.Gonna talk him into further downstream this weekend.But if anyone has any suggestions,would like to hear them.Thanks again everyone for making me feel welcome and HAPPY FISHING!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.