NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting in another thread the idea came up to get the handful of folks who are in the High Point area a chance to meet up and put faces with names. Several folks from High Point, Greensboro, Thomasville, Asheboro, Winston, and other nearby areas mentioned at least some passing interest, so.... let's put a date on it.

June 7th
High Point City Lake (Jamestown)

Now... what do you guys want to do? Obviously fishing should be involved! Personally I don't have the time or energy to plan a big shin-dig; my idea was just to get some people to come out and put faces with names and do a little fishing.

My suggestion would be that we all bring what we want to fish from and bring what we want to eat for lunch; fish for a few hours, maybe and then meet back around the park around lunch time to eat and shoot the breeze. For the kayakers, if it's too much paddling to head out then head back in for lunch, I'm open to another way of doing it. Just figured since it's June, the best fishing will be early and late.

What do you guys think? I'm open to suggestions / changes; like I said, I'm not a planner for stuff like this.

I'll put forum names on this post as people say they are coming, so we can get an idea of who'll be around.

Jerry Condrey - Fishing with son Matt
SurfRider (Sam) < 2nd seat occupied > [trolling motor available to borrow]
Bobhornet (Bob) [son may come too in 2nd boat]
cmckearney
Brian Guffy
Catch-n-22 < may rent, if so, may have open seat , PM to confirm>
albright1695 (Charles) < currently has an open seat, PM to confirm >
quest4reds
mikeski
DC-Angler - <open seat? PM to confirm>
Oldkayaker
biglenr (Len)

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wish I could. Heading to France. While there I am going to see if I can fine the Coneheads.

mikeski
I think that qualifies as being out of town! Hope you have a great trip. :D

Good with me. Maybe leave out from the dock at seven?
That's pretty much what I had in mind, Jerry. Get there when they open, meet up around the ramp and say hello, go fish for several hours and then come back and have lunch around the marina someplace.

I'll be in my jonboat, and it's possible I may have an open seat if someone wouldn't otherwise have a way on the water. Another advantage of City Lake is that they rent boats; I also have a small trolling motor someone could borrow (30 lb), and one bigger one (50lb) I could loan if needed.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I can be there for the morning. I need to be off the water by about 11:00 for an afternoon committment

See you on the ramp around 7.

Jerry & Gene know me, but for the rest of you I'll be the giant guy in the giant lime green nucanoe.

Len

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I think that qualifies as being out of town! Hope you have a great trip. :D
Three weeks in La Gaude. Near Nice. I use to do 6 or 8 of these a year. It's not often I get to go to a decent place at a good time of the year. So, I am looking into getting the wife out there for a week. She can do some sightseeing while I work.

No fishing though. I might check into charters if they have them in Nice. Fish the Med.

mikeski

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey, I'd like to join in and learn something from all you guys!

Bob Bedingfield
There should be a pretty decent amount of combined knowledge on the water that day, Bob. I replied to your email, but will here as well. Come on out!

·
Registered
6,041 Posts

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sam I'll take that seat if it's open.

Gene - RED >X< - Asheboro
Let me get back to you, Gene. One possible before you that I don't have an answer on yet. If it's the difference between being able to fish or not, let me know.

Meet and greet on June 7th..Is free!!!!!!!!!!! Just got off the phone with Adam, and since most of us are my volunteers for TAKTF, no one is going to have to pay a boat launch fee! Just our way of thanking the fantastic work you guys do for us!!
Just be there by seven so I can tell the marina folks who is who.

Thanks for arranging that, Jerry. That is nice of the guys at the park. Appreciate it!

Reactions: dbeam
1 - 20 of 143 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.