NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone im new to the site, just wanted to ask whats the best way to catch crappies on high rock during December. I normally fish for em in april thru june but i cant wait till then to catch some. thanks in advance for any help guys.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
I fished with my tourny partner there in his boat in December one time. We bass fished all morning and did OK, he pulled into a cut with a big log in the middle and said "watch this" as he pulled out his fairywand with a crappie jig on it. Starting with his first cast to the log, he caught crappie 6 casts in a row, I started looking for a crappie jig:). At the end of the day we stopped on a dock in Flat Swamp and caught as many as we wanted to catch, also watched some folks fishing under the #8 bridge wear them out that day.

·
Registered
660 Posts
also guys i have a boat set up for trolling with spider rigs, would this be an option this time of year.
Heck, Yes! I expect you'll catch more spider rigging than jigging or trolling for the next few months. Course you'll have to find 'em but once you do...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.