NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not much to report. My first ever trip to this lake and I caught 1. Maybe 10" long. Threw everything I could think of at them. The wind got up so that didn't help any either. If anybody has any tips or advice for this lake I could definitely use it.

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
I wish I knew any good advice for the Rock. I'm with Jerry, having fished both I like it better and have better luck at Badin. Welcome!

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Guys that play there all the time catch lots of fish. I have won tourneys there, but still struggle. It's a lake one really has to know, and if you learn it, you can do very well there. I much prefer the smaller, clearer Badin.

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
From what I have heard and remember, this time of year you could probably do well on secondary points in Abbott's Creek or Flat Swamp Creek. Don't forget boat docks especially if there is sun, and look for contour changes like points, or steeper banks outside of spawning pockets where the post-spawners may be re-staging toward summer patterns. Crank baits are popular there, but as far as seasonal advice I got nothing specific as I know mostly what I have heard and not what I have learned from own success at High Rock.

I do know that at Badin, based on past years, you should be able to get some hits on soft plastics, swim baits, or maybe a spinner bait, worked through and just outside the grass lines, especially near or on points. Topwater in the grass early also typically is good this time of year.

Reactions: neilo

·
Registered
236 Posts
High Rock is in my backyard...it isn't difficult to catch fish though...whats the most abundant structure out there...boat docks...flip and pitch a trig beaver, tube, shakey head, or my fav a 3/8 to 1/2 oz green pumpkin or black and blue football jig with matching trailer...Sure fish are moving back out from the spawn but they are gorging themselves...If you can't catch a fish on your secondary pts hit the piers...that kind of fishing is a number game...you can hit 50 piers and never get bit but hit one and catch your limit...but anyway tight lines and goodluck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.