NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven’t been on High Rock or Tillery in a couple of weeks. Can any one give me an idea of what pattern the bass are in this week? I am off on Friday and have plans to wet a hook.

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
99 Posts
Boomer, warren here went to high rock today just to run boat and check temps. met with a guy that is joining the club ,he said bass fishing is picking up. Crappie fishing is great but i dont fish for them. Water temps are from 56-61. going out tomorrow so we will see.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I went last weekend and this weekend. I have caught....ZERO! This is the first two times I have fished HR. I thought it would be better. We fished in Abotts Creek. My friend Mike last weekend caught 4 crappie and 2 bass. One bass being 3.25 lbs . Yesterday he caught two small bass. All of this was while crappie fishing, using minnows. I used a worm the whole time last weekend. Yesterday I used a jig, spinner bait, worm and crankbait. I tried throwing the motor in, but didn't want to paddle back...LOL

Maybe it is just me?

Like they say though....One bad day of fishing is better than one good day of work! Just enjoyed God's creation!

Be Blessed, Mike

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I attempted to fish High Rock Friday. When I got to the ramp there was no place to park, not even in the grass. I did count about ten vehicles taking up boater parking that didn't have a trailer. Those vehicle belonged to the many people fishing the rocks around the ramp and bridge. I decided to just go on to Tillery. I got on the lake about 1PM. I fished on the south end of the lake for about two hours. I cought four keepers and a dink on a jig. I would have landed more but I started hooking them and letting my son reel them in. He hasn't got the concept of keep the line tight yet. He would get the fish to the boat, let the line go loose, and the fish was gone. All were cought on main lake points in 10-12 foot of water. After catching a few on the south end of the lake I decided to go north of the 24-27 bridge for a while. I didn't get a bite once I made the move north.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.