NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set out this a.m. well before sun up to go to Azalea road and try for a pickerel:), Unfortunately, I left my little trout box on the table that contained my small Rapalas:mad:. All I had was the black/gold Panther Martin. First thing, I am glad I carry protection, as my first stop I obviously interrupted either a hobo camp out or an MS 13 picnic site:eek:. Being careful not to trip over the many 40 oz. Miller Lite bottles and dirty sleeping bags, I caught a little 10 inch brown. I wouldn't have kept him, but the trebles did a number on him, and a teachers asst. I work around has asked me for trout. I fished the bridge by the Anchor Steam building next and after 30 or so casts, I thought I had hung a smallie. Instead, it was a nice hook jawed rainbow about 18'' or so. I had to fight it along the bank, and noticed there was one hook in the top of his mouth, I tried to slide him up the beach, then the hook came out...... Two flops and he is still there, as far as I know. Hung a few more trout under the bridge, kept a brookie and decided to head back to the Dark City. I stopped at the Reco bridge on Blue ridge road, caught a 14'' rainbow and another brookie just downstream. I finished around 9:00 at the Ford dealership in Black Mtn, having interrupted yet another squatters slumber party under the bridge. I added two small 6" wild rainbows:confused: to the mix, they weren't hurt, and I felt compassionate and wished them the best. I may go back yhis evening with some small Countdowns and try to get me a hammer handle and try for that rainbow, my asst. friend wants one for the grill.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A number of the feeders to Swanny and N Fork Swanny have wild bows.
Back in my younger days we used to have a parent drop us off on the Parkway and we would fish down through the Asheville watershed to my friends Grandfathers property in North Fork. This was before Asheville started patrolling and they figured a few kids fishing up there was no big deal.

As for the water conditions.....it was high with just a slight tinge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.