NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter is going on a youth group hike-in camping trip this weekend. I doubt this will be a lasting hobby at our house so I'm not looking to invest heavily in gear. The best thing we've got in the house for a backpack is a school-sized bag. Can anybody recommend where to quickly find a cheap/used hiking backpack that'll make it easier to haul a bedroll & supplies?

Thanks!

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
"Play it again sports" might have used gear.. Target actually sells a bit of that stuff too

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I'll throw a couple in the trunk this morning. Give me a shout when you get to the office, you can see if either of these might do the trick.

...if she doesn't mind carrying somebody else's Boy Scouts "50-Miler" patch... :D Relatively high mileage, but it's in good shape.

·
Premium Member
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll throw a couple in the trunk this morning. Give me a shout when you get to the office, you can see if either of these might do the trick.

...if she doesn't mind carrying somebody else's Boy Scouts "50-Miler" patch... :D Relatively high mileage, but it's in good shape.
Worth a shot! (but with her ability to muster all the typical practicality of a teenage girl, that patch might be a deal breaker:cool:... you know that drill)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
What if we call it "retro" instead of "old"?

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Oh yeah Craigslist is a definately a "Blue Light Special" kinda thing... I've missed several good deals by waitinga few hours to jump!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.