NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all who read this;I am going to Oak Island arriving Nov 1st and leaving Nov 6th. I am planning on surf fishing, pier fishing[ just alittle ] and am considering going out on a head boat. This is my 1st fall fishing trip to the ocean. Have all my gear in place.

Any suggestions on paticular locations on Oak Island or Bald Head island?
Any particular live or cut bait recomended?
Any suggestions on certain piers?
Any recomendations for head boats?
How has the fishing been in this area recently?

Thanks for all suggestions Jeff

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Jeff, bloodworms on two hook rigs anywhere they are catching them for spot and whiting... #4 or #6 long shank hooks. If pompano and whiting are being caught sand fleas....catch them yourself in the surf.. I use # 4 84 rp Eagle Claws and tie my own two hook rigs for these but store bought rigs or carolina rigs and fishfinder rigs all work. Flounder...Carolina rig with a #2-2/0 kahle hook and a 3-5 inch finger mullet .. size hook to bait fish around pilings and try around the inlets on the last 2 hrs of the out going tide and the first 2 of incoming. Puppy drum around the inlets at the same time as flounder ...cut the tail of of a live flounder bait if they are thick. If it is slow use your dead finger mullet from flounder fishing on a fishfinder rig . Keep your line tight and flounder fish with another rig. You should catch some blues with these methods also. Got to go to bed , I'll try to send you some more if nobody else posts. try googling east coast sports . They have some good tips. AL

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Al

Thanks for responding. Iam a total fresh water fisherman and this will be a first time expierience for me. I plan to check in with the local bait shops in the area as soon as i get there. Will keep checking this site for more info as well as others. Cant wait to enjoy your beautiful coast for a few days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.