NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya from G-town,

Just joined up on the forum and wanted to say hi to everyone. I'm a Kayak fisherman who just moved back home to N.C. from Texas. While the fishing was awsome down there I can't say I'll miss Texas much. If anyone would like to wet a line just let me know.

Mutt

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Welcome to Mutt and his kayak! Have a look around - lots of paddlers out here. Make yourself a spot on the map (quick links pull down, kayakers map... instructions are out there).

What part of Texas were you happy to leave behind? The fishing is definitely better at the coast, but I think the living is better in the hills. I've got great memories from a couple years in Austin.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it wasn't as nice as the coast or Austin. I lived in the metro-mess of Dallas/ Ft. Worth. I did get to see some nice bass when I was there, that was the high spot of may Texas tour.

Mutt

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Well it wasn't as nice as the coast or Austin. I lived in the metro-mess of Dallas/ Ft. Worth. I did get to see some nice bass when I was there, that was the high spot of may Texas tour.

Mutt
Ahhh Dallas...a concrete lover's dream. Seemed like more paved expanse there than anyplace else I've ever been!

Welcome home!!

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
From the interstate Dallas and Fort Worth remind me of two clumps of mushrooms growing side by side in the middle of a putting green. Once you get in the middle of it It isn't the worst city by any stetch but it still is a concrete jungle. The worst thing about Tx is the lack of public lands. The best thing is that you can drive on most of the beaches without having to buy a bunch of permits. Tx has some of the best bass fishing but the saltwater fishing may be even better. Got to put up with a howling onshore wind during the summer afternoons though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.