NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Little birdie today told me someone went out to one of my secret groupah holes :)
Aint but two of ya on here that know them,, and I'm gonna guess MIKE! :eek:

So did ya get anything??? Should've been some medium's out there, gag's are probably a little closer in... drop some feedback:D

Fla. trip went ok.. family can be like fish... start stinkin after a couple days!!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha.... It was fun to visit family, but I'm sure it'll be another 18 years or so before I spend that much time down there again.

Hopefully what's happening down in Fla wont happen up this way with all the development.... jeez... Heaven's waitin room turned into Yankee central down there!!!
Asked for a sweet tea in a somewhat fancy restraunt and dang near got kicked out... what's that all about??:rolleyes: Only thing I was glad to see was my ol' fishin hole when I was a kid was still there!!!! Never got time to get my boy down there to fish it.. but we managed mangrove snappers, jack crevalle, snook and medium sized pompano. I havent "ditch fished" the ICW down there in a long long time and sure was fun... and my sis got a huge laugh out of me doin the ol' twinkle toe blue grass bug out dance on them loose rocks they line the canal with down there... I kept thinkin.. day before Xmas is NOT the day to do the oyster back flip on the the oyster encrusted rocks... only thing that got wet luckily was my shoes!!! ha ha ha ha ....

Boat show season comin up!! (one Saturday at Greensboro) spring like weather.... I'm gettin the itch :D

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Well you stood me up so I had to go without ya... hahahaha. There is a full report in another thread: http://www.ncangler.com/forums/f3/grouper-report-2257.html

Thanks again for those numbers Dave - what a great spot! Please note the following comments from Scott (posted on another board):

"Also a special thanks to NC Dave who gave Mike some good numbers. Don't worry, he did not share them, Mike actually made us get in the water and go under while he punched coordinates in the GPS. After the trip the GPS was tossed overboard and by filet knife point we were sworn to secrecy!"

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Mike, I'm having second thoughts about going fishing with you. LOL!
"Also a special thanks to NC Dave who gave Mike some good numbers. Don't worry, he did not share them, Mike actually made us get in the water and go under while he punched coordinates in the GPS. After the trip the GPS was tossed overboard and by filet knife point we were sworn to secrecy!"

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha ha ha.... yeah, the knife point thing is kinda scary! :) I'd of made them get under the boat too.. Good glad ya scored some. Some real nice bottom in that area. Seas kick up a little once you drop off that ledge area but lays down pretty nice like you mention. Same thing every trip for us. If you look around out there, there's a nice 14-16 ft hole (kinda bowel shaped), them groupers hang right on the ledge in there.
Trust me, you'll know it when you see it on the sonar (leave the auto zoom off - hint hint).

Hard to tell from the one pick, but looks like a red and a strawberry grouper, nice. The do get a bit bigger in that area. Here's a pic of what a keeper for us looks like:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.