NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
headed out tonight for topwater action, Had frog, buzz, spook and a popper tied on. This lake is perfect for frogs with some high grass and lilly pads. I lost a big one a few weeks back grabbed frog and I pulled to soon and it jumped around in the pads and was off. Today I started with spook and buzz nothing and worked a frog and popper. Was getting discourage with lack of any blow ups etc so decided to try one more spot before heading off to another lake.

Landed the frog on the pads and started pulling it off into more open water. About half half from pads to shored I see the swoosh and waited till I didn't see frog come back to surface, gave it a rip and fish goes airborne and I know I have a quality fish on. Fish went airborne a few more times and than made a run under the pads near shore. I thought I lost it for a second since the line got hung up on the pad for a second and I didn't feel the fish. The fish cooperated and pulled back out of the pads one more arial display and run and finally gave up. The frog was well up the line and the two hooks were firmly planted in bottom of the mouth.

Lost another two small ones one on spook and one on popper and landed a dink on the popper. I have now caught a fish on every topwater lure I have, since I finally got one on the poor today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Very nice, congrats!

Reactions: dbeam

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good fish! Like Scott says, it's great pulling fish outta junk. Gene and I were killing them the other week on floating worms, thrown right up in the grass. Awesome way to fish..
Only one of the lakes I can fish have grass or pads t toss into. Would love to find more grass and pads and junk t fish in

Reactions: dbeam
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.