NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Welcome to the site. I sure wish I could help you on that one cause that would mean that I got to enjoy a little of what Buggs Island has to offer myself. I just wanted to thank you for serving our country and wish you the best. I hope some of our members can fill you in but I can't. I do know that when I was stationed in Va. Beach that there was some great fishing to be done in Back Bay. A buddy of mine had 11 acres with a small pond and a couple of canals connecting it to Back Bay and we caught a whole smorgasboard of fish there every trip. Our best bait was a # 31/2 Snagless Sally W/ a black and white skirt with white skirted and yellow skirted models also catching a variety of fish. Also on Back Bay, I released 3 bass over 8lbs for a guy who was fishing during a wind caused flood. He said all 3 were caught along the edges peoples yards. He talked like he had had the absolute best fishing of his life that day. Whole houses were submerged in that flood and I just happened across him as I was out surveying the damage. I think he was on of the few to find the silver lining in that cloud, but I'll never forget that moment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.