NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

New to this board, but a member of several other fishing boards, mostly in regards to surf fishing on Hattaras Island.

I have an opportunity to stay on Holden Beach for a couple of months, in an ocean front house. I've never been to Holden Beach, but do know it is somewhat of a sleepy little beach town.

I don't believe you're allowed to drive on the beach at any time. Is this true?

How is the surf fishing during the winter months, say Jan - Apr?

Is there anything to do at night, maybe somewhere to have a drink and shoot a game of pool?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Tina'sMike

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hello Mike,
First of all, welcome aboard.
Holden Beach is as you described it, a sleepy little beach town, especially in the winter months. You are also right in the fact that driving on the beach is not allowed at any time unless you work for the town. Surf fishing, I can't really say one way or another since I never seem to do any good from the surf anywhere.:eek: As for the night life, I'm not sure there's anything on the island that will fit your bill but there are a few places across the bridge to unwind. There are a couple of pool tables at the pier but they close early and don't sell drinks.
I don't mean to make Holden Beach sound dull because I go there as many times per year as I can but I go there to relax and get away from the day to day around home and as for fishing, I prefer to do that from a boat either in a lake or offshore.

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.