NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cloud Water Sky Shorts Casting (fishing)
Water Cloud Sky People on beach Coastal and oceanic landforms
Cloud Water Sky Shorts Casting (fishing)
Water Cloud Sky People on beach Coastal and oceanic landforms
Went to North TI on monday...and boy am I glad I did. At 630 a.m. we heard what sounded like someone dropped a cender block over the side of the pier...it was a skying King...Two seconds later that so sweet sound of a King ripping line at about 40 miles and hour....King#1
About an hour later a few angler's had set out balloons with the perfect northeast wind...Bam...drag screaming... a smoker King#2.
Awhile later... after seeing 4 kings sky in various directions...we see a boil directly in front of the rail...we look over...a 30 pound King comes leaping out of the water with bluefish in snapping jaws...drag burning screams... King#3.
I laid down to try and get a little shut eye...I awoke from a dead sleep to a huge crash of boiling water.
I turned my head looking down just in time to see a 34 pound King engulf a bluefish...screaming drag again...then I realized...that was my rod smoking... King#4.
Just as the day was winding down the best happened...A huge hammered decided it was dinner time...Eric Fowler fought the monster for about 30 minutes when...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz King#5 smokes out at about 60 miles an hour...we decided to try and beach the Hammer...about an hour and a half later... an over a mile down the beach we finally landed the beast....what a beautiful animal...After some quick pictures we released her back home...to the cheering applause of 80+ onlookers.
It was a magical day
The End.
:)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.