NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i got a 50 lb thrust minn kota endura at a pawn shop for an awesome price ($90) and i have heard that i can loosen the screws and turn it to be a bow mount motor. Wondered if anyone had done this?

I plan to get one of those hot foot pedals from wally world that you intercept the battery wire for.

But i need to ghetto rig a trolling motor bracket for the front of my boat. i found this plan here and it looks pretty good but wanted to know if anyone else had any other home made bow mount bracket ideas?

thanks as usual

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes you can remove the screw and reverse the direction or become a bow mount, the pedal works okay I had one and I did pretty close the same with my trolling motor on a 14 ft Alumiun boat, great price too.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
First thing is to remove the screws under the trolling motor head, where you turn it on and off, inside should be a screw, that holds it to the shaft. Remove it and turn the whole head 180 degrees, and then put th screw back in and replace the top. Then the motor will be like a hand controlled mounted up front.

Looks like a easy job if you have the tools and equipment to do it.

tight lines <*)))))>{

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.