NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a Bait ball of Menhaden....While on vacation in Myrtle Beach....After a quick paddle out and successfully throwin a 6 foot cast net...while sitting in a Yak...I slung out a live one and Bam.... hooked 4 of these little friskies and lost a Huge King...and all this while about a million people watched from the beach...I was the only one on the water...
Super Cool.
Took my Brother out for round two....we slayed um....I hadn't heard him laugh that hard in a long time...
Fishing must be good for the soul. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Saw a Bait ball of Menhaden....While on vacation in Myrtle Beach....After a quick paddle out and successfully throwin a 6 footer while sitting in the Yak...I slung out a live one and Bam.... hooked 4 of these little friskies and lost a Huge King...and all this while about a million people watched from the beach...I was the only one on the water...
Super Cool.

Awesome! I'll be in Myrtle next week on vacation but taking the yak, just fishing from the surf mainly.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
I don't make the laws.... I looked them up last year when my kids wanted to bring their kayaks on a beach vacation, after someone had told me they weren't allowed to kayak at Myrtle Beach..

They're also talking about banning surf fishing between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm.

Myrtle is all about beach goers who party and spend freely.... Surf fishermen and kayakers aren't their target audience.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Go to Surfside. You can launch from 4th avenue South. Just stay at least 50 yards off shore. I hate Myrtle. Haven't been in years.

I have never understood how they can ban "shark fishing". Just how in the $#$# do they know someone is targeting sharks. A shark will eat anything. I'm sure catmaster wasn't looking to catch a freaking shark.... Just how in the hades do you keep one off your line? Swim out and tell them "no no" when they go to bite the stinking hook?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was garden city...I was trying to catch a king...I lost a big one...and saw several sky on the bait.
Trying again tomorrow....
P.S. The Jackson Big Rig is one Wonderful Kayak...If you are a bigger guy...it is perfect for ya.

Reactions: FishinCary

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
If you were king fishing whyd you have a circle hook and a Carolina rig? Or at least it looks like a weight in pic three can't tell for sure.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's an Old drum rig...all I had left...
People go fishing....I'm going to
Right now....This time targeting Sand Papers.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As long as your not drinking and Driving everybody I talked to...too include The Police and SWLO...are cool....
and u can shoot all the fireworks u want....the place is awsome.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lupton rig.

·
Red X Angler
7,806 Posts
I've still yet to get my yak in the salt. Need to. I'm more fond of the more laid back beaches though. There was a time in my life where Myrtle was something special....not so much now.

Sent from my kayak...

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree...I don't care for all the people on the beaches...but it is absolutely amazing to me that out of all those people...only two kayaks on the water and both are mine....I love Kayaking. :)

Reactions: wademaster

·
Red X Angler
7,806 Posts
I agree...I don't care for all the people on the beaches...but it is absolutely amazing to me that out of all those people...only two kayaks on the water and both are mine....I love Kayaking. :)
The less people on the water the more fish for you!!! Brings an interesting possibility to mind: most popular beaches have more people but less on the water fishing, more laid back beaches have less people on the beaches but more on the water.....certainly backwards from what most people would think.....but the overall environment sways lots of people....

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I couldn't have said it better myself....When I was on Oak Island it was like combat Kayak fishing...I couldn't believe the tension.
Think outside the box and U will leave the Sheep in the field. :)

Reactions: wademaster

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Nice fishing Catmaster......Myrtle beach is good and bad.....luv in the winter but not so much in the summer....I for one don't have a problem witht the shark fishing ban which all of Horry county bans....biggest tourist beach for hnderds of miles in either direction and you could only imagine the big sharks in close if shark fishing was allowed....I have seen monster hammerheads and bulls right on the beach and don't forget the the world record tiger came off the cherry grove pier when shark fishing was allowed....the beach would be loaded with big sharks if people were chumming for them.....

If you want to catch a bif fish in Horry co put your yak in the intercoastal waterway behind basspro and catch monster blue cats there.......little known secret....

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mac...we should fish one day...I like your Style.

Reactions: Mack in N.C.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
After July 4th Recess will be over...and yall will see what happens when a Hillbilly decides to stop playing and Start Fishing....Bye...Bye...Myrtle....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts