NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pic of the house I recently purchased. Not quite the pad that I had but all the house I need. It is located on a mountain I grew up riding motorcycles on. Nice to have the mountain to go play on and take a ride to the top to check things out. The view there is unlike anything around.(need pics of that) I have wonderful neighbors which I already knew coming into the neighborhood. Most of which are long time friends.(and fishermen) Back to the house purchase. I bought it from a good friend who needed to move for more room with a growing family.(bought straight from him, no realtors) I originally told him about the house when he bought it several years ago. He did many updates while he was there. I never figured on living there when I told him about it years ago, but things have a way of coming back around to you. Timing, well maybe, just at the time I was needing a place to live he pops up and wants to sell.(kinda the same thing happened with the truck) Out of a tough situation I have truly been blessed. Only one person I can thank for that.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Y'know what, I can almost feel a few blood pressure points melt away just from the picture. Looks like a real comfortable place!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Y'know what, I can almost feel a few blood pressure points melt away just from the picture. Looks like a real comfortable place!
You couldn't of said it any better. I have a strong connection with this mountain and it is a wonderful place to go and "clear your head".

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No wonder you know that Avery's creek area so well, thats one of my all time favorite place to get away for a day. One of my favorite memories of being with my son is a really horrible camping trip up on Wilson.
Yep, I've roamed that area all my life. Riding motorcycles as a youth with my father there and Brown Mountain.(ORV area now thanks to the trail bike club my dad and friends started many years ago) Hiked and fished all over the Wilson area and others around here. Give a shout sometime when you head this direction.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yep, I've roamed that area all my life. Riding motorcycles as a youth with my father there and Brown Mountain.(ORV area now thanks to the trail bike club my dad and friends started many years ago) Hiked and fished all over the Wilson area and others around here. Give a shout sometime when you head this direction.
Will do I'm about ready for a trout fix, I've been staying close to home doing the smallie action on the French Broad but I need some smaller water under my boots

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will do I'm about ready for a trout fix, I've been staying close to home doing the smallie action on the French Broad but I need some smaller water under my boots
I am about ready for my "fall brown" fix myself. Wilson is low due to drought but doing better than most streams around here.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
nice stuff Crummy!! Nothing like your own little piece of heaven!

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
I could get used to that!..LOL!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The summit is well known to the locals for its large welcome light which glows at night in the shape of a star in the weeks before Christmas and a cross before Easter.
The star/cross light display at the peak was built in 1954. The star was first shown during the Christmas season of that year, and the cross was first shown during Easter of the following year.....The star is lit now. 'Tis the season.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.