NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I planned on meeting tarheelfishing88 but my iPhone 6 was ready for pickup so headed over to the apple store and grab a bite to eat. About 730 I got done grabbing a bite and decided to stop of at the lake for a few minutes of topwater fishing. I grabbed just the buzzbait rod and pliers and headed to the lake.

itwas getting pretty dark by time I got to lake but enough light to see where I was throwing. Third cast I get a bump figured it was a small bass. I work the area for a few more minutes and decide to throw back over some structure and as I just pass over the log slam a bass grabs the buzz and starts ru Ning like mad. The drag was good and tight and it was taking drag and running toward the structure. It never surfaced just kept running deep, finally after holding on and keeping it from getting up in the structure the fish gave up the fight and all I had was weight on the line. For a moment I thought I lost the fish and had a snag however as I pulled it closer could see something was floating but still could tell if I had a fish or not. Finally I see the mouth and realize I have a big quality fish on. Luckily this time I was at a spot that the bank was far away so dragged it over. Tried to get a good picture of it but really hadn't figured out the new phones better flash so the pictures turned out worthless. The fish went about 7 pounds.

My buzzbait was totally destroyed and being dark couldn't bend it back good enough to ru. Well so headed home and called it a day. Tarheelfishing was on other side of lake I guessed wrong side he be on and he was able to get a couple on poppers.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Almost sound like a fish story. You couldnt figure out to get your camera to work. JK. All that matters is that you had caught that one fish. A fish is better than not fish!
well I know how to use the camera but the darkness and not holding still the phone made a very blurred picture. the new phone is slippery( need to get a case ASAP ) that also contributed to the issues plus I wanted to get fish back in water versus figure out how to get the perfect picture

Reactions: puppydrum48

·
Registered
396 Posts
Jim, That one I lost right before I talked to you earlier..... Well I think I hooked into him again. Same spot. Pulled him all the way to the end of the bridge and got him on land. Reached down to lip him and he flopped and snapped my line. I tried to get him before he got any traction in the water but I was too late. Good 6-7 lbs at least. If you get him, see if my rattletrap is still in there, haha

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jim, That one I lost right before I talked to you earlier..... Well I think I hooked into him again. Same spot. Pulled him all the way to the end of the bridge and got him on land. Reached down to lip him and he flopped and snapped my line. I tried to get him before he got any traction in the water but I was too late. Good 6-7 lbs at least. If you get him, see if my rattletrap is still in there, haha
if I catch that beast with the trap in his mouth I will be glad to hold onto the rat l trap for ya. I am going to head after that beast tomorrow morning and than again monday night. I am going all in to get the 9 that got away on me and this 7 that got your rat l trap.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I couldn't get him 11 pm last night or 7am this morning
I went someplace else this morning got 5 on topwater all 1 - 2 pound range. Did hit lake on other side had a feeling about my favorite cove but got two DINKS one was actually hooked on its back using a red eyed shad. Last time I had that beast on in that spot was about 8PM.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.