NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was heading over to one of my favorite spots listening to tunes, drinking my coffee and than realized I had missed mu turn into one of my favorite spots. So I figured hey I am at the other end of the lake why not give it a try. It is about 545 still pretty pitch black. I chase the geese off the point I want to work and load up the ole buzz bait.

Very first cast about 1 foot max from shore as I am starting to lift up the buzz out of the water SLAM and a dance like mad occurs. The fish never goes under water just keeps dancing and splashing around on the shallows on the bank and lift it up to be pleased to see a nice 6 pounder. Sorry still haven't been able to get the iPhone to take a picture in darkness that doesn't look like a smudge of light. Tossed it back in and start working again. A few cast later I thought I bumped something but than heard a tiny splash and this one was no more than 6 INCHES.

Decided to work my way to the far end from were I parked and started working spots close to the shoreline. After untangling a mess from a lure snagging into another rod and too dark to see tied on the buzz to a different pole. I bump the buzz over a lay down and just on the other side the buzz disappears. I give it a rip and fish on a nice 2 pounder in the picture.

It finally gets light out and I untangle my mess and decided to try working a worm since the spot I now was in had too much debris on the water to work topwater. Second cast landed another one about 14 inches.

Tried to find areas to work the topwater further up the lake but all the debris made it difficult so came back to area I started on. Tossed across the point and another nice 2 pounder one in picture on the ground slams the buzz bait.

5 fish in 3 hours not bad and nice thing was a first cast pig due to a wrong turn :)

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Awesome, some of my bast days were ones where I adventured beyond my usual areas, or got turned around and stumbled across a "fishy" looking place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.