NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
oh wow.. man i don't know the answer to that. i grew up fly fishing, learn to use a fly rod before any other type of fishing rod..my dad and uncles were all die hard german fly fisherman..

it is fairly easy to do. just think smooth motion and a pile of practice make ya good at it..

zooker

·
Registered
205 Posts
kind of like what zooker said, casting a flyrod is like breathing to me. It would be hard to try to describe it with words. your best bet would be to visit a flyshop and ask for a demo, or try to bum a video. just remember that when you start to practice your casting try to gain a rythym, kind of like a 1-2-3-4 count. when you actually go to equip yourself, start simple. nothing wrong with an eagle claw combo to start with. if you want to try bream first, it makes you feel pretty good when the fish pay attention to your offerings :)

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I've picked up alot from watching Lefty Kreh's videos and practicing in the backyard. like redfishtom said a good Flyshop will be willing to give you some pointers or will offer beginning classes. The John E Pechman center in Fayetteville will hold another set of Flyfishing Clinics the first part of the year. I attended the beginning and intermediate clinics this past year and the cost was only $5. You get a chance to actually catch some trout from their ponds as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.