NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few different mounts for the go pro but tired of paying $50 (for a new bag of mounts) every time I have a new application to mount it. I have been using a closet rod and stick in in a rod holder on the boat and kayak, on top I have the piece from one of those mini tripods screwed in it. These are cheap and keep breaking. One of my mounts has the female thread I have been using on this but the tripod piece keeps breaking or getting loose.

What are you guys using? New cheap ideas Please :)

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ill give it a try. I hope this is the last $40 I spend on go pro.

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
Mount my to the brim of my cap. Oh, by the way, make sure you take your hat off if you go fast. I have one sitting on the bottom of the Mississippi River near Venice! Ball cap does not float with a GoPro mounted on it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mount my to the brim of my cap. Oh, by the way, make sure you take your hat off if you go fast. I have one sitting on the bottom of the Mississippi River near Venice! Ball cap does not float with a GoPro mounted on it.
Probably in the way, but the floating back door would've helped? When I took mine diving, I had a bobber tethered to it. You can also tether it to a lanyard or something.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.