NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of calling my latest big boy toy "Beats Workin' " because even when the fish aren't biting, I always say, it still beats workin'.:cool: How many of you named your boat and how do you come up with the name. Also, do you display the name on the boat so others on the water can see it??

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
I'm pretty boring I guess. I named mine NCangler and had some decals made to put "NCangler.com" on the hull on each side. I figured it would be a good way to meet members on the water and promote the site at the same time. :)

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
The traditonal way. The same way any sailor worth his salt names a boat. Name them after which ever woman they remind you of. If you can't think of a name you've been at sea too long. Of course if you are married the first one is named for the wife and the next your eldest daughter and on down the line. Now if every Fountain and Donzi in a port is named Rachel you might better steer clear of any women there named Rachel.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
The first boat we owned back in 1960, I named JOY-LOY after my wife and each one thereafter. Last one that I sold was JOY-LOY VII. Each was as aggravating as the other. Incidently, I have an old ice machine in the basement at home named after her also........... I better leave that one alone.

Later, Forrest

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I forgot to mention the name one of my all time favorite boats for fishing the inlets and sounds, a 19 ft flat bottom Sea-Ox. In bold lettering on the sides "DINGBATTER'S DELITE".

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
For the 3 boats previous to the one I have now it was easy... Best friend, former room mate and good fishin buddy always said I had the "fish bug".. so we did the name on the boat thing for 3 boats (fishbug, fishbug II and Fishbug III)

When I got my latest boat, and came back from Afghanistan, my Granpa (Papaw) and I for some reason became even closer and spent alot more time together. Since he really means alot to me, I wanted to show him respect as a young man, I now understand..... what his trials on lifes path was for him.

Size 9 was given to the boat (my current boat) in dedication for my Papaw and his Service as a WWII vet, and to Honor "all" Veteran's of all War's as well. The line, "size 9" is in the movie Band of Brothers, Episode "Bastone". We proudly fly an American flag over the boats name and to the Starboard side of the E box out of respect for all our fallen Hero's.

Now if he'll just come clean on how he got that girl pregnant in Denmark and explain how "Uncle Joe" whom we've never known about shows up!! :) :) :) (true story too!)

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I know names are usually left to those guys with bigger boats but I've always named mine regardless of size. My first was a 14ft jon boat.. "THERAPY" So I have now worked my way up from that and a 15ft runabout "TherapyII" to an old 15ft Trihull walkthru "TherapyIII", maybe by "Therapy V" I'll have worked my way up to "registered vessel name size" LOL....

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
i have had 2 named boats the first was called "shag nasty" the other was "zook's misery"

i have not named my stratos.. but "the other woman" would be a good name...

zooker

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"the other woman" would be a good name..."

I actually saw that name on the stern of a HUGE fishing boat in a boat yard in Holden Beach last year. The boat was for sale and if I had won the lottery, "The Other Woman" would've been mine :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
We just purchased a Century 2180 bay boat after three years of shorebound shopping. Were thinking of calling her Spoolish Pleasure. I've been too long away from this board.
Andy

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks for the welcoming me aboard. I have spent the past year looking at boats practically nonstop on this computer. Now I can talk fishing again. I can't wait to tow my girls down HWY 12. We left an area rug sized doormat in the Ocracoke inlet a while back. I'd like to return and look for Ol Mossback. I'll see you on the water!

G

·
i guess i'll be bringing my 17.5' alumacraft v-hull to N.C. with me. it's mostly green over cream with a green Yamaha. I call it St.Patrick...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.