NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks as if my hoped-for day-trip to the coast will likely be December 10 or 17. I noticed that the 17th is a couple of days after the full moon. I've heard the full moon associated with better fishing -- usually also accompanied by high tide.

How significant is moon phase to surf fishing? How close to the full moon do you have to get to enjoy its benefits? Would you recommend waiting 'til the 17th over the 10th based upon moon phase?

Thanx - lefty

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Lefty, while moon phase is important, the deciding factor this time may be water temperature. Weather is another factor. The biggest question I have is what do you plan on fishing for and do you have a boat ? I am thinking speckled trout would be the most likely target.
I would shoot for the 10th and if the weather is too bad then you still have the option of going on the 17th. Either way good luck. If it is really cold fish the deepest holes you can find as slowly as possible. AL

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No boat, and I'm concerned about crowds on a pier, so I'm planning on just hitting the beach. I like the idea of shooting for the 10th with a backup of the 17th.
THanx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.