NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all of these storms, wondering how Wilson creek will be on Friday? anyone up there today or tomorrow?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was up there yesterday. Creek was very low and I only managed 1 brookie (decent sized) on a quill gordon. Helton Creek was likewise extremely low and cloudy. I didn't catch anything there. Guess all the fish have been caught or I just suck at fly fishing.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Wilson is gin clear unless the back side of Grandfather gets a considerable amount of rain. The leaves and general vegetation are peaking now and it makes a difference. Beautiful area but I hate gin clean water with a passion. You can have all you want and will not see me there at all. Too many trout here to fool with gin clear Wilson.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I went to Wilson last friday, which was friday the 13th. I didnt even get to fish. I lost my keys to my truck. Spent hours looking for them. Had to have a flatbed come up to brown mountain beach road and get my truck to Lenoir. What a mess!! Very thankful for the woman at the Wilson creek visitors center for letting me use her phone a bunch of times and she did a lot of calling for me as well while I walked back down the road to my truck looking for keys all day long. And very thankful for Josh's Towing out of Granite Falls for getting up there and being able to get my truck out of a not so easy park job by me. Friday the 13th got me pretty good

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Is towing cheaper than calling a locksmith? I've had to do both but can't remember exact monetary figures. Some of those tow truck dudes have got some skill! Don't ask.....haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts