NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEy guys my folks have a place on the north river, newby creek I believe. Anyway I'm new to inshore fishing and was wondering what some tips were for finding and catching red drum and trout. What should I fish? Where should I fish? and When should I fish?

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
Hire a guide from your area. They will answer your questions and put you on fish. Or spend time on the water and learn, using a jig and Gulp shrimp.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Reactions: Unleashed

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Hire a guide from your area. They will answer your questions and put you on fish. Or spend time on the water and learn, using a jig and Gulp shrimp.
Mechanic Bob has just given you the best advice for shortening your learning curve. ....... ICM

Reactions: c.lane

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
Like any other "Service", be it home repair, car repair, lawn care, ... ask around and word of mouth is the best! I'll bet if the guide of choice is busy the day you want to go, he'll recommend another guide. These fellows make a living at providing service and if the service is poor, they won't be around too long. Being at the North River, start with Capt Joe Shutte (sp). Sorry if I spelled your last name wrong Joe. Check in at Chasin Tails, if they give bad advice, you will not shop in their store.
Check Fisherman's Post, Carolina Outdoor Journal (PBS), ... But how would you find any other "Service" company?

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
Which brings you to the question; "How do I find the right guide?" That can be as daunting as finding the fish.
The best guides IMO are the ones with the most repeat customers. They are also the ones that will be most suggested by forum members of this and other forums. They are not the guy on craigslist running ads. When in doubt call a local tackle shop and ask them to set you up based off of what you want to do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like any other "Service", be it home repair, car repair, lawn care, ... ask around and word of mouth is the best! I'll bet if the guide of choice is busy the day you want to go, he'll recommend another guide. These fellows make a living at providing service and if the service is poor, they won't be around too long. Being at the North River, start with Capt Joe Shutte (sp). Sorry if I spelled your last name wrong Joe. Check in at Chasin Tails, if they give bad advice, you will not shop in their store.
Check Fisherman's Post, Carolina Outdoor Journal (PBS), ... But how would you find any other "Service" company?
He was the first person I thought, friends with my dad. Have any of you fished with him?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
It's not a secret but a good place to start is the n river bridge. Live shrimp under a cork should produce. Find the moving water and send a few out. It can be hit or miss but that's a decent trout spot. Fresh shrimp on bottom could find you some very big black drum as well.

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
Dang papadave, hit a nerve with you? I said ask around and tossed out a couple of options. CHILL DUDE.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts