NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I'd use a minivan so I could have a sleeper behind the seat. :)

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Check our Ford's new trailer backing assistance in their upcoming trucks

Sent from my XT1080
for what new trucks cost now they better do a lot more than assist in backing.. I will never own another "new" vehicle. I'm going to have to let someone else take that first hit..LOL!!

Reactions: Brenardo

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Best truck ever made is a late 90s ford with the 7.3 powerstroke. 2nd would be the early mid 90s Dodge with the 12 valve Cummins. I would love to have either one. The worst has GOT to be the 2004-? Ford with that 6.0 anchor.. New? I'd buy the Ford or Dodge out now but they aren't what they used to be.. and who wants to mess with that DEF fluid garbage...

·
Banned
2,564 Posts
I hear ya drop, and I will agree that the 7.3 is the best V8 diesel built followed by the 6.6 Duramax. I have seen both of those engines with over half a million miles still running strong.

The 12v Cummins are tried and true.

But if you think those older trucks can haul heavy loads as safely and efficiently I invite you to drive any of the current generation big3 trucks.

Sent from my XT1080

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Safe and efficient equate big bucks and short lived. Too many computers and garbage on the new stuff. I don't want to own anything that I have to pay a certified mechanic to work on for the smallest of issues. Not worth it to me. If you run a business, depend on it for a living and plan to trade often it might be fine but that's not me. New trucks are great until the warranty runs out. That's exactly how everything is made now. EPA regs have choked engines to death and the manufacturers have had to load them up with technology to stay compliant.

·
Banned
2,564 Posts
Hey man I agree that the new egr/exhaust tech is ridiculous. (The egr valve on my truck has an intercooler😲) If I had to replace downpipe to tip is is a couple dollars over 8 grand retail. FOR EXHAUST!!!

But the power is there.
15k mile oil change intervals save $$$.
And nearly 20mpg avg empty and ~14.5 mpg with the boat is nice.

Sent from my XT1080

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.