NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been meanin to post this one for a while... but here's the Dauphin Island pier after one of the hurricanes last year before last....

How'd ya like to get to the pier to fish and see this! Mother nature is a powerfull thing...

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I know the owners and even some of the fishermen are sick but it is still an awesome site!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I know where the flounder are!!!!

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what's wild is if you look off the front left of the pier, you can see one of the first gas rigs. Next thing ya know.. couple more storms and ya might be able to walk out to it!!!

I'll see if I can dig up some more DI pix... the one where the bridge going onto the island at the foot and the road is under 12 ft of sand!! They found a 50 ft somethin sportfish at the DI post office parking lot and some other crazy things like the shanty motels with water up to their roofs... it all drains back out pretty quickly,, but what is left behind is mind bogglin

Aint but one rule... if the ocean wants it,, the ocean will take it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.