NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, Recently landed here while googling some info on a fishing reel I bought. Have been hanging around another Surf Fishing site, but there are a lot of folks from New England. Just thought it mught be nice to hang out with folks calling NC Home, and folks who like coming here to fish.

Grew up in the lower Chesapeake Bay area, and fished the NC Coast a bunch as a kid. We hit the Avalon Pier, Nags Head Pier and Johnny Mercers regularly. Mom was from Wilmington, and I probably caught more fish and played more pinball at Mercer's than anywhere else.

Dad used to like onshore charters from Oregon Inlet, but he thought Surf fishing was too much trouble.

Landed in Manteo in '85 and was too broke for anything else, so I used to fish the public access ramp just behind the old Armada Hotel. In '88 moved to the north end of Carolina Beach...four blocks from the North End pier. Fished there when I had money, fished the surf more often.

Ended up in SE Georgia for a while, catching sharks and Black drum to beat the boredom. Ended up back at Carolina Beach in the 90's, just south of the Center Pier. At the time there was an empty lot across Lake Park from my house. Would fish or surf, depending on waves and conditions.

Kind of fell out of it for a long time because I moved to Raleigh. In 99 went to Washington...NC that is, and ultimately landed in the middle of the state. The wife had never been to the OBX, so last year we did two trips to Hatteras. Stepdaughter caught her first fish ever in the surf off Salvo...a little Blue.

Been drowning bait for most of my life, and still know very little, so hope y'all wont mind a bunch of questions. I know we have nice lakes, but my heart is in the salt.

Thanks for the site,

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Welcome to the party!!

Reactions: Uncle Silty

·
Registered
15,708 Posts
10-4 Welcome to the board

We welcome good stories of fish catching and of fish catching woes.:eek:
Feel free to chine in and give suggestions or just to ask or get questions clarified.:)

Me I'm a jack of all fishing and a master of none.;) but I sure love trying.

tight lines <*)))))>{

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.