NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I'm new to this site and fairly new to fishing. I used to fish from time to time growing up, but the last time I went fishing before a couple weeks ago was my senior year of high school in '05. I just moved back to eastern NC in October and decided to get the family some fishing rods and get back into it. I've been "hooked" again (pun intended) and now want to get into it more seriously than just put worm on hook and cast.

I'm stationed on Cherry Point and have been checking out all of the hotspots here on base. I've been looking into different types of tip videos on Youtube. Does anyone have any favorite Youtube channels? What about anyone with experience with the spots on base? Thanks for all of the help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trigger, that is awesome. I feel like I am learning everything all over again, but I've been having so much fun just having a line in the water again. You may have already discussed this and I just haven't gotten to it yet, but how has your experience been with the 3 ponds on base? That's where I've been taking the fam (2 girls 7 &6, and a son 5, and the wife). My 7 year old caught herself a 12" painted turtle in Bartlett but no bites anywhere else. Just using basic set up: small split shot weight, hook, and nightcrawlers.

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
I haven't fished the base ponds in years, but used to catch some nice catfish in the spring out of bartlet. I've caught really nice bass out of catfish pond as well. My absolute favorite pond was the one over by the gas chamber. It's not a named base pond, but if you pull up Google earth you'll see it. I've caught some really nice bass out of there. That being said, once you discover speckled trout and redfish, you'll forget what a bass is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.