NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed out this friday and saturday on harris lake to try some swimbaits and I wanted to know if anybody knew the water temp or water clarity? I have never fished the lake nor seen it but are there any "donkeys" in there...8lb+ fish?

Anyway thanks for the help

See you the water...
D.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I worked at Harris Plant about 5 years ago, rode by and stopped at the ramp on Highway 42 when I was in town. (Dec. 15). The water was at the edge of the dock, you may need to get a report to see if you can launch your boat. I am unsure how far in the water the ramp goes. I don't think I could have launched by 19 foot CC. I did not look at the other ramp but suspect the same.

G

·
any report on the water level there would be appreciated. i'm new to the area but have been reading up on Harris. January can be good.
taking I-40 south-east to 751 to Apex is the way to go from Durham ?
how about a place to get bait or b.s. about fish ? thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I went out this morning to check out the water, I went to Holleman ramp. Boat ramp seems servicable, but I would not be able to get my boat back out once in the water. The ramp on the left, as you look at it, seemed to be the one most guys were using but I wasn't there very long. There were 30 trucks / trailers in the parking lot, so the guys are getting in and out. Trolling motor seems to be needed to move away from dock to get to deep enough water to get away. Can't tell you about catches cause noone came in aside from duck hunters while I was there. Depending upon the size and kind of boat, seems there were a lot of trucks in the lot and many on the water.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.